Saturday, August 25, 2007

P90X Workout Begins!

I received my order Thursday! I got the P90X, the chin up bar and the resistance bands. After talking to a few others who are already in full throttle with the system, I hear having a yoga mat is actually pretty crucial. I guess there are several routines that you could really benefit from having a mat. I don't own one currently, but they offer those as well:

Yoga Monster Mat

Also I have been hearing from several people that the P90X peak recovery shake is a smart choice after each workout. I personally have never really been too much of a supplement guy, but who knows maybe I'll change my mind once I get started. Speaking of getting started, I plan to start Monday! I'm actually really excited to kick this off, I assembled my P90X chin up bar (which by the way is an incredible invention on it's own) and had a few friends over last night. They couldn't stay off the thing! We even made a rule that anytime anyone walks by it (it's in my main hallway) they have to do 2 chin ups :) It's just fun to jump up on it!

Some words on the P90X chin up bar itself. It's actually really simple but really amazing in its design. The two little brackets that it comes with don't actually support any of your weight. In fact, once you assemble it, you can actually slide it up under the door frame and do a chin up without any brackets at all! the brackets just prevent it from falling down once you are off of it. It basically has two bars that support your weight. One pushing against the front of the door and one on the other side of the top of the door that pushes opposite. Sort of hard to explain so I hope that made a little sense. From the picture I didn't quite get it but once you have it in front of you it all makes sense right away. Well the challenge begins I'll be back with my first impressions of the P90X workout come Monday!

If you want to learn more about the P90X workout or want to give it a try see the link below:

P90X Home Workout System

No comments: