Friday, August 31, 2007

P90X Workout Day 4 Yoga X

Yoga X was great. I have never done yoga in my life and it was quite unique. It just goes to show you how diverse the P90X workout really is, they really have thought of everything! This routine is a little longer than the rest I have done so far. It's 1hr and 30min. The first 30-45min is actually quite difficult, or at least it was for me :). My hamstrings have been aching since Plyometrics and I mean aching! Yoga X definitely works the hamstrings a lot! You get into several positions that have you holding most of your weight on one leg. Yoga X is about breathing, balance, and staying focused. Once you get past the first half the rest is much more relaxing. I can describe the first half as focused, calm, sweating.

After the last 3 days I needed this routine. It seems like they knew I did! It felt great to just relax and stretch. I will tell you this, some of the moves will really challenge you. If you are not that limber yet you'll have to work your way into these positions over time. I had a couple of bad cramp ups in my neck and legs during this, trying to get into the positions. Once they passed, I was good to go. I don't think I ever really moved my body in this way, so that probably explains the cramps. I'll say it again the first week is hard. Each workout has dozens of moves and you repeat them. I've learned that I have to push myself, but sometimes I just have to stop and take a mini break...that's ok and it's not just my saying so, Tony Horton will tell you the same!

You can't do this on the hard floor you will need to either have a carpet beneath you, or better yet just get a yoga mat. The P90X Yoga Monster Mat can be seen here:

Yoga Monster Mat

If you want to learn more about the P90X workout or want to give it a try see the link below:

P90X Home Workout System

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My p90x review is here: I have my workout journal from my first month, I'm going to start posting them daily.
P90x Workout Program