Saturday, September 8, 2007

P90X Workout Day 10 Shoulders & Arms

I've been really busy lately and have fallen a bit behind with my blog posts. My apologies for those who may have been following along. That's not to say that I've fallen behind on the P90X I'm still plugging away!

Shoulders & Arms flies by the fastest out of all the workouts I've done thus far. This is where you build your biceps and triceps. Last week I used the resistance bands. This week I brought in my dumb bells. I have adjustable dumb bells, so to change weight makes it a bit tedious to have to remove and replace the metal plates. But I also found that just using the resistance bands can be a little tedious also. You have to adjust them beneath your foot so that each arm has equal resistance. Then, sometimes you have to loop them for more resistance. So I wanted to get the best of both worlds.

What I did was set my dumb bells to 20 lbs each and used them for half of the exercises, and when they get too heavy on different workouts I switch up to the bands. I don't want to scrap the resistance bands completely because they definitely engage the muscles a little differently and allow for more range of movement. This seemed like a good compromise. This week I extended my legs fully and was able to pump out far more reps on the chair tricep lift exercise! P90X is doing it's job and I'm feeling great!

If you want to learn more about the P90X workout or want to give it a try see the link below:

P90X Home Workout System

No comments: